Tuesday 13 December 2011

"Bulalo Bill"

"Bulalo Bill"



It was late afternoon when I took some early dinner in that restaurant in Quiapo. I was so hungry and longing for Bulalo (beef marrow soup) at that time that, with a friend, went to a restaurant just to find old pictures, memorabilia, and perhaps a nice meal of Bulalo soup despite difficult to chew its meat (perhaps the meat was old or not been pressure cookered in it.)


Kinda nice place as what I've seen it, although outside lies once-prominent houses turned accessorias surrounding it, my friend even told me about his childhood having birthday cakes bought for free in a bakery near the restaurant we're eating; that Quiapo itself was a once prominent place with rich or middle-class people living in it, as evidenced by the old houses that end up dilapidated and threatened of demolition.

But then, the food was nice no matter how hard the meat was.